IMS Oil Film Measurement
- Measuring principle: Optical
- Measuring task: Oil film meaurement
- Field of application: Coating lines
- Production plant: Cold rolling mills
- Measured good: Oil
Find weak points before they have a negative impact on production quality
Up to now, it has not been possible to measure and record thinnest oil films in the tinplate production process using an online measuring method. However, high-quality coating processes require increasingly precise coating measurements.
With the newly developed optical oil film measuring system from IMS, which works on the principle of ellipsometry, it is now possible for the first time to determine coat thicknesses down to 30 nanometres precisely. Despite the thinness of the oil film, oiling is of great importance in the production process, as it determines at the end of the value chain how economically the tinplate product can be processed further.
Used for oil coating measurement, the IMS oil coating measurement finds its application in coating lines of cold rolling mills.
- Complaints due to infringements of upper or lower limit values for organic coatings
- Uncoated areas due to line malfunctions
- Missing quality verifications for customers
- Offline samples are representative of the strip
- Late intervention on failure
- Contaminated material surfaces
Our solutions for you
- Non-contact measurement
- High precision per ellipsometry
- Continuous online measurement of coat thickness
- High-end solution for exact coat measurement
- Recording of the measurement results in customised quality reports