IMS Internal Defect Detection (IDD)
- Measuring principle: Magnetic
- Measuring task: Internal Defect Detection
- Field of application: Cold rolling mills
- Production plant: Process lines
- Measured good: Steel
Detect internal material defects such as inclusions and shell defects online
Internal Defect Detection (IDD) stands for the latest, high-tech development from IMS. The intelligent measuring system, based on sensor matrix technology, detects and analyses internal material defects such as inclusions and shell defects online at speeds of up to 10 m/second, as usual without contact with the material.
This measuring system based on electromagnetism can be used for material thicknesses up to 0.35 mm and a measuring distance of 0.5 mm. Due to the magnetisation of the material, internal defects in the strip lead to the emission of magnetic fields, which in turn are detected by the integrated sensor matrix. State-of-the-art image processing software classifies and visualises the internal defects found in a very impressive way.
Used for the internal defect detection of steel, the IDD is applied in process lines of cold rolling mills.
- Customer complaints
- Only offline tests possible
- Internal defects not visible
Our solutions for you
- Automatic detection of inclusions
- Material quality is improved
- Defective material is detected and can be sorted out
- No comparable commercially available system available on the European market