IMS Burr Detection for slabs
- Measuring principle: Optical
- Measuring task: Burr detection
- Field of application: Continous casting plants
- Production plant: Continous casting plants
- Measured good: Slabs
Detect flashes and burrs before they affect your production negatively
Slabs, sheets or billets that are cut autogenously or mechanically in a cold or hot state often have a flash or burr after cutting. These can lead in the further course of production to unnecessary material rejects or even to cost-intensive damage to the rolls. Used for the burr detection on slabs, the IMS burr detection system is used in continuous casting plants.
The proven 3D inspection technology from IMS detects these critical surface irregularities reliably and saves not only time, but also follow-up costs through automated inspection of the material.
Of critical importance for the high measuring precision of the burr detection system is a precisely defined laser-camera geometry. For optimal stability of all measuring components, IMS uses specially developed lasers with even brightness distribution, stable line projection as well as straightness, which guarantee reliable measurement results.
- Defective burr removal
- Detection of burrs
- Manual inspection
- Surface defects, material fractures from rolled-in burrs
- High risk of damage
- High maintenance costs due to wear and tear of the rolling and roller table equipment
- High reject rates
Our solutions for you
- 100% inspection for residual burrs
- Online process monitoring
- Objective and automatic evaluation of defects
- Reduction in reject rate
- Improvement in quality and reduction in roller wear
- Long service life of the system with highest precision